he Italian government has granted special recognition to the producers of cigarettes that are 100% Italian, and the Institute for the Protection of Italian Manufacturers – Institute per la Tutela dei Produttori Italiani (ITPI) has developed an accompanying "100% Made in Italy” certification procedure . This acknowledgement allows Italian manufacturers to distinguish their products from those of dubious origin, and it provides consumers with certainty about the origin and quality of the goods.
This initiative should help to clarify the current market situation, because today there are manufacturers who claim or suggest that their products are Italian, but they do not have the prerequisites to obtain the Certificate: see, for example, the «carattere italiano» written on the packs of Diana cigarettes, and MS cigarette packs highlighting the colors of the Italian flag on the sports shield – the "Scudetto Tricolore".
Yesmoke today is the only Italian company in the cigarette sector authorized to display the «Certificazione 100% Made in Italy» . The Turin-based company has also been awarded the ISO-9001 Quality Certificate, which few companies can boast of.
Companies with the "100% Made in Italy” Certificate have to successfully pass a series of rigorous checks and inspections; the certification procedures are conducted by the ITPI and are based on the following requirements:
- the products must be manufactured entirely in Italy
- they must be made with Italian semi-worked materials and articles
- they must be fabricated with top quality, first-choice natural materials
- they must conform to the exclusive designs and projects of the company
- they must be produced adopting typical traditional Italian craftsmanship.
- Madein italy.org – The official portal of the Italian manifacturers
- Legge 20 novembre 2009, n. 166 – (ITA)
- Yesmoke quality – Fully certified